We are proud to be a local, independent wine merchant. We are also delighted to work with both of Oxford’s Universities in many capacities. Our dedicated University Account Manager, Min Yee Tseu, takes care of all our Corporate and University Sales.
We are delighted to be able to offer substantial discounts to businesses, College bars and common rooms, Oxford ball committees, University groups and societies. Find out more about our university services below.
Supply of Wine and Spirits
With a 2000-strong list, spanning all price points and styles, we are perfectly placed to supply wine and spirits for all your needs.
If you’d like to browse our range, have a look at our online shop here, or download a copy of our price list here.
- We can offer large volumes of good quality, inexpensive wines for drinks parties.
- Our expert staff can put together wine pairings to suit a menu for special dinners.
- We can advise and supply wine for cellaring.
Take a look at our Wholesale Page for a more general overview of our trade sales services.
Discounts for Students, Colleges and other Organisations
We offer a 10% discount to students in all our retail shops, on production of a valid student ID card. Please note that student discounts are not yet available on online purchases or orders placed by phone. The student discount is also not available on event or course ticket purchases.
Discounts for Colleges and other organisations
We offer substantial discounts to colleges and other organisations. This could be on a one-off or ongoing basis. Paid or credit accounts are also available. To find out more, please contact our University Account Manager, Min Yee Tseu.
Tastings and Events
We offer a variety of tastings and events for our customers. These include:
- The Oxford Wine Company College Tasting – Our twice annual College Tasting, held at Vincent’s Club. This invite-only, free-pour event features over thirty specially selected wines, chosen for their individuality and suitability to university purposes.
- Sample tastings – An opportunity to try before you buy, and taste a range of our wines before selecting new items for your list.
- Wine tasting events – If you’re looking to host a wine tasting for your society or members, we can help! Our expert staff can run events for all audiences, from total beginners to connoisseurs, tailored to your requirements.
Min Yee Tseu – Corporate and University Account Manager
Min Yee’s background is in strategy consulting. She graduated from Merton College Oxford with a Masters in Biochemistry, and after graduating spent time working with firms in Hong Kong, London and New York before taking a career break. Min Yee had been a wine lover for some time, and during this time embarked on the WSET Diploma. A stint spent at Château Méaume in Bordeaux gave her some practical experience before she returned to England and joined The Oxford Wine Company as a Shop Manager. After a year focused on retail, Min Yee began working with the Oxford Colleges and following a short time juggling the two roles is now solely focused on Corporate and University sales.
Since taking responsibility for sales to the University, Min Yee has made huge strides. She hosts regular tastings for both faculty and students, helps with wine recommendations and even organises drinks offers for college balls. She is the first point of call for all OWC’s current and prospective University customers.